Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pre-Halloween Fun

I love Halloween, it is probably my favorite holiday of the whole year. I also love this age that Ethan is at right now. This is the first year that's he's actually been into Halloween and realizing what it is and everything. 
Last Monday we went to Kevin's parents to carve pumpkins (of course I didn't get any pictures of it). I thought Ethan would be really into it and want to get in and get all messy and everything but he totally wasn't. Kevin cut off the top and handed him the pumpkin to scoop out the guts, Ethan stuck his hand in for two seconds and goes "it's too yucky". We kept on trying to get him to clean out the pumpkin with his hands but he just kept on saying "it's too yucky, it's too yucky" and wouldn't do it. Finally we gave him a big spoon to use and he was cool with that. What three year old little boy doesn't want to get messy? I'm probably to blame since I am constantly wiping his hands and mouth whenever he gets a little messy or dirty. Poor kid, I hope he doesn't inherit my OCD.
Last night we decided to make pumpkin shaped sugar cookies and watch, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". He loved making the cookies and playing with the left over dough like it was play dough. 
Today I was still in the Halloween spirit so we decided to go to Cornbelly's after Kevin got off work. We had never been before and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. I thought it was just a big corn maze. Which by the way in my opinion is the worst part of the place. Granted we didn't go to the haunted corn maze, but I was pretty much bored with the whole thing after about two point five seconds of being in the maze. Of course we got lost and ended up being in there twice as long as I wanted to (which probably amounted to a total of 10 minutes but felt like an hour). The rest of it was a lot of fun though. Ethan was really excited about the dragon or monster or whatever that thing is. He was totally all about going inside it and wasn't even scared at first. He got a little scared when we went in but was actually pretty brave. He never cried or screamed or anything. Half way through he wanted me to pick him up and when we got out he even wanted to go back in! We went through a second time and when we got out that time he said "it's too scary", but he still loved it. I think his favorite part of the whole place was all of the different slides. He probably went on every slide there at least a dozen times. My favorite part was the fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich! It's pretty much just a peanut butter and jelly uncrustable deep fried and covered with powdered sugar. It's like a peanut butter and jelly doughnut! I can't believe halloween is already tomorrow and then it's all going to be over, how sad.



Making cookies




I think dad is having more fun than him in this one






The dreaded Corn Maze


This is a really bad picture but I had to
show him "conquering" the dragon




2 comments:

Mark and Cheree said...

I really think Ethan is cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrienne said...

Thanks! We think he's pretty great :)